- It is healthy as it is made using wheat flour rotis.
- It contains veggies like peas which is an important source of iron. If you want you can add more veggies like finely chopped carrots, green beans, capsicum etc.
- It is a quick breakfast recipe.
- It is a vegetarian breakfast recipe.
- It is also ideal for kid’s lunch boxes and after school snacks.
You can eat this along with a glass of breakfast smoothies/milkshakes. This would make it a complete meal breakfast.
Do try this easy recipe for breakfast. If you have any questions regarding the recipe, feel free to ask them in the comments below.
- 2 Rotis (Leftover or freshly prepared )
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tablespoon Matar (Peas)
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
Roughly break the rotis into pieces. Put them in a mixer jar. Blend it till a powder like mixture is formed.
Take a medium sized pan. Add oil. Heat it. Add the chopped onion. Cook it for 2-4 minutes, on a low flame.
Add peas and curry leaves. Saute, on a low flame, for 3-4 minutes.
Now add the salt, red pepper powder, green chilli and garam masala. Saute this and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the powdered rotis. Saute continously for 2-4 minutes. The powdered rotis will change the colour from light brown to golden(dark) brown. Now add 1-2 tablespoon water. Cover this with a lid. Cook, on a low flame, for 2-3 minutes.
Remove the lid and saute for about a minute.
Leftover roti upma is ready. Serve hot!
Hope you try this recipe.
Have a nice day!